登陆注册
14732400000006

第6章 ChangetheOpinions交换意见

Disagreeing with the chairperson is acceptable (even expected).Naturally there are ways of disagreeing or saying that you partly agree, in a manner that is polite and acceptable. Disagreeing with a colleague in a meeting is not a personal matter, but part of the process of achieving the purposes of the meeting.

与会议主席意见不同是会被接受的(甚至会受到鼓励)。人们通常都是以让人能够接受的方式很礼貌地表示不同意见。在会上与同事意见不一致绝不是个人之间的意见,而是使会议取得成功的必要过程。

赞成

agree to / with sth. 同意

I agree with the proposal.

(=I m in favor of the proposal.)

(=I m for the proposal.)

我赞同该提议。

Mr.President,our delegation is pleased to agree to the motion.

主席先生,我们的代表团很乐意接受该提案。

I agree with you about/ on the new plan.

(=I agree to share the same opinion about/ on the new plan.)

关于这个新计划我赞同你的意见。

I agree to your request to postpone payment.

(=I am willing to accept your request to postpone payment.)

(=I allow your request to postpone payment.)

我同意你延期付款的要求。

I agree to review your credit position in a few months.

我同意几个月后再审查一下你的信用等级。

Yes,I absolutely agree with your idea.

是的,我完全同意你的想法。

I agree with almost all of your suggestions.

你的建议我几乎都赞成。

We have no time to argue, so we agree with your advice.

因为我们没有时间争论,所以我们接受你的忠告。

That is correct.We willingly agree with your opinion.

那是正确的,我们欣然接受你的意见。

agree/in agreement with sb. 同意某人

I agree with the chairman s statement.

(=I have the same opinion as the chairman.)

我同意主席的陈述。

I agree with Mr.Smith s opinion that protecting the personal information of members is an important concern.

我赞同Smith先生所说,保护会员个人资料是一个重要考量。

I fully agree with Mr.Smith and I think there is nothing to amend at this point.

我完全同意Smith先生,而且我认为在这点上没有任何需要修正的地方。

I agree with you on your last statement.

我对你先前的见解表示赞成。

I agree with you about the analysis.

我同意你这样分析。

I am in agreement with Dr. Green.

我完全同意 Green 先生的见解。

I completely agree with Professor Wood in this decision.

在这项决定上我完全同意 Wood 教授。

I wish I could say that I am in agreement with Dr. Right on this point.

在这一点上我想说,我同意 Right 先生。

I completely agree with Mr. Smith; how about you?

我完全同意 Smith 先生,大家怎么看?

agree... but... 赞成,但是

I agree in principle,but I need time to think about it.

原则上我赞同,但是我需要时间来考虑。

I would tend to agree to your opinion. But they disagree.

我比较倾向赞同你的意见。但是他们不同意。

I wish I could agree with you, but I find it difficult to understand your point.

真希望我能同意你,可是我发现要了解你的观点很难。

We agree a little of what your company is saying, but I have to discuss with my boss.

我们懂一些你们公司的意思,但是我需要和老板商量。

understand... 理解

Yes, I think I fully understand your point.

是的,我想我完全了解你的意思。

I understand the stance you are in.

我明白你所处的立场。

I understand this issue must be difficult for you.

我了解这个问题对于你来说一定不简单。

I can understand that this must occupy much of your thoughts.

我可以明白,这事肯定一直萦绕在你的脑海中。

I understand your opinion only partially.

我只了解你的一部分意见。

I really understand how bad you feel.

我真的明白你感觉有多糟。

I understand that you are interested in the radical intermediates and that you intend to trap them by special technique.

我了解你对放射性中间体感兴趣,而且你打算使用一种特殊的技术追踪它。

As your best partner, I understand what you want to do.

作为你最好的搭档,我了解你想做什么。

Yes, I understand your point of view.

是的,我明白您的观点。

I can understand your situation.

我可以了解您的处境。

I see... 我懂

I see.I finally understand,thanks to your explanation.

我懂了。多亏你的解释,我终于了解了。

I see.You have a point there.

我懂了。你说的有道理。

I see what you mean and I appreciate your position.

我懂您的意思,而且我也很清楚您的立场。

sound good 听来不错

That sounds good.Please do so.

那听起来不错。请照做。

That news sounds good.

那则消息听来不错。

A:I d like to propose an advertising campaign using the Internet homepage.

我建议使用网络主页,打广告促销。

B:Using Internet would be a good idea. I agree with it completely.

使用互联网是一个很好的构想,我完全赞同。

A:Let s subcontract production of the illustrations for a really professional look.

为了看起来更专业,插图部分我们送出外包。

B:That sounds great! I hadn t thought about it, but professional illustrations would be very impressive.

那太棒了!关于这点我没有想到,但专业的说明是非常抢眼的。

A:Yes, I think we can agree on that.

是的,我认为我们可以在这个问题上达成一致了。

B:I can imagine that this must occupy much of your thoughts.

我可以想象,这事肯定让你费了很多心思。

A:That s true.

的确是这样。

反对

cannot...无法

I cannot agree with Mr. Smith on that issue.

在这个议题上,我不同意 Smith 先生的观点。

I cannot offer you my support at this time.

在现阶段,我无法支援你。

Mr. President, I cannot agree to the proposal until we have fully examined the issue of protecting personal information.

主席,在我们尚未完全检查保护个人资料的问题之前,我无法同意这个提案。

I cannot help you with this issue.

在这个问题上,我爱莫能助。

To be frank, I cannot accept this unfair contract.

坦白说,我无法接受这不公平的合约。

I am afraid that I cannot reply to your offer in a timely fashion.

我恐怕没办法及时回复你的提议。

I have spent a great deal of thought on your proposal and I have decided that we cannot accept it at this time.

我仔细考虑过你的提案,并且决定我们目前无法接受。

I understand your conditions.However,under our circumstances,I cannot accommodate your request.

我了解你的情况。然而,在我们的状况下,我无法接受你的要求。

We have continuously discussed this issue since the last meeting,but we are afraid that we cannot adopt your plan.

自上次会议以来我们一直在讨论这个议题,但恐怕我们无法采用你的计划。

But I cannot agree leaving the product on the market just to save our profits.

但是我不同意只为了自己的利益,就继续销售产品。

no/ not... 不接受

I m afraid we are not going to agree on this.

恐怕我们不能在此问题上达成一致意见。

I see no point in continuing this discussion.

我认为没有必要再继续谈了。

I don t agree. This will not be of benefit to us.

我不同意。这对我们没有好处。

What you are saying does not fit well with our company s policy.

你所说的并不符合我们公司的方针。

You always blame the tardiness on our company, but this time we are not going to keep quiet.

你们总是将延迟归咎于我们公司,但是这次我们不打算再沉默了。

There is almost no hope.

几乎没有希望。

I am sorry but I am not able to agree with this case.

我很抱歉,但是我无法同意这个案子。

Your opinion is not as it seems to be.

你的意见似乎与实际有出入。

I m sorry there is no way to concede.

很抱歉,我们不可能再让步了。

We will not make a contract for your cheat.

我们不可能签约了,因为你们骗人。

dis / im / un 表示与相反

This condition is a disadvantage for our company as a whole.

整体来看,这个条件对我们公司不利。

Such a ridiculous thing is impossible.

如此荒谬的事是不可能的。

Such a conclusion is unthinkable.

这样的结论是无法想象的。

It is impossible to reach a solution without the cooperation of all.

没有各方面的合作,要解决问题是不可能的。

I am sorry,but your request is unacceptable.

我很抱歉,不过你的要求是无法接受的。

Unfortunately, upon scrutinizing your proposal, we found it unacceptable.

非常遗憾,经过我们审慎的研究,我们无法接受你们的提议。

That decision is unfair.

那个决定是不公平的。

Unfortunately, that s not so.

不幸的是,事实并非如此。

That s impossible to believe.

那不可能令人相信。

alternative 替代的,不同的

I wish that you would give alternative proposals.

我希望你能提出替代方案。

I have an alternative perspective on this.

(=I have a different point of view on this issue.)

在这个问题上,我有不同的看法。

I would like to point out an alternative way of looking at this.

我想指出看待此事的另一个方式。

Let s think up some alternative plans for this joint venture.

关于这个合资企业,我们想一些替代方案吧。

One alternative way of satisfying both our objectives is the development of new material.

另一个可以同时满足我们这两个目标的方法是开发新材料。

An alternative solution that I see is the improvement of financial situations.

我认为有一个替代解决的方法是改善财务状况。

But there is a way to have the best of both alternatives.

不过还有一个两全其美的方法。

never... 从未

What a funny story.I have never heard of it before.

多有趣的故事,我之前从来没听说过。

I have never thought about that.

我从来未想过那件事。

It s never occurred to me.

我从来没想过。

oppose/object/take exception to 反对他人的观点I would oppose to that legislation.

我反对这项立法。

I strongly oppose to the plan.

我强烈反对这个计划。

I would object to Dr. Party s statement.

我反对 Party 先生的观点。

I object to heavy drinking.

我反对酗酒。

I d like to take exception to that comment.

我反对那项评论。

I must take exception to the phrase.

我反对那种说法。

A:It might be that we should cut down on costs by reducing the number of workers.

也许我们应该裁减员工,来减少开销。

B:I m afraid I can t accept your proposal.

我恐怕无法接受你的提议。

A:Why?

为什么?

B:It s obvious that using this means company has led to this decline.

很明显,这么做意味着公司进入衰退期。

A:But... If you say that, I can not help you with this issue.

但是……如果你要这么说的话,在这个问题上我就爱莫能助了。

B:How can we do so? What you are saying does not fit well with our company s policy.

我们怎么可以这么做呢?你所说的并不符合我们公司的方针。

A:I wish that you would give alternative proposals.

我希望你能提出更好的方案。

B:Let s reconsider that together.

我们再重新考虑一下吧。

中立

but 但是(表示不完全同意)

I understand what you re saying, but things are not so easy.

你说的我了解,但事情并非那么简单。

I can see that, but it may cause trouble.

我明白这一点,不过它可能会招来麻烦。

That s true, but there s a better way.

这是真的,不过还有更好的办法。

I see your point, but it s hard to believe those statistics.

我明白你的观点,但那些统计资料很难叫人相信。

Perhaps, but don t you think it s too late?

或许是这样,但你不认为太迟了吗?

That may well be correct, but we still have to consider the other divisions.

那也许正确,但是我们仍需要考虑到其他部门。

I agree to almost everything,but I would like to add some small improvements.

大部分我都同意,不过我想补充一些小小的改进之处。

Not a bad idea, but maybe we should look at the larger picture.

说得没错,不过也许我们应着眼于大局。

I almost agree with it, but there is still something which should be improved.

大部分我都同意,但仍有一些地方需要改进。

I think so, but I want to add something.

我也这样认为,但是我想补充几句。

hard to say 很难说

This proposal and your proposal are both very good, and it is hard to say which is better.

这个提案和你的提案都很棒,很难说哪一个比较好。

Although Mr.Smith has touched on the subject,it is hard to say that he has dealt thoroughly with the solution.

虽然Smith先生涉及过该项议题,但很难说他已把解决方案彻底地处理好。

It s hard to say under this circumstance.

在这种情况下很难说。

Hard to say. It all depends.

难说,这要看情形了。

have no opinion 没意见

I really have no opinion about that.

我确实对此没有任何意见。

I have no opinion to that either.

对那我也没有异议。

If you can assure, I have no opinion to it.

如果你敢打保票,我没意见。

I have no opinion to which one you choose, because they are both so brilliant.

你选择他们哪一个我都没意见,因为他们都很优秀。

consider/think over/take into consideration again 重新考虑

Why don t you take this problem into consideration again?

你为何不再将这个问题考虑进去?

May I interrupt for a moment? Why not think it over again before making a final decision?

我能打断一下吗?为何不在做最后决定之前,再重头考虑一次?

I hope that you consider the plan again to make it mutually beneficial for both parties.

为了能让双方都受益,我希望你能再考虑一下这个计划。

We need to drastically consider the new business plan again.

我们需要彻底地重新考虑这个新商业计划。

Since it is your earnest request,I will consider it again.

既然这是你诚挚的要求,我会重新考虑的。

I think I will be able to take your request into consideration again.

我想我可以重新考虑你的要求。

A:We could continue to use Eastern Transfer for shipping, but we feel a more reliable company is needed.

我们可以继续使用东方转运公司运输,但我们需要一家更可靠的公司。

B:I m glad you feel that way; we also wanted to propose changing shippers.

你有那种想法我很高兴,我们也想建议改换装运公司。

C:I understand what you re saying, but things are not so easy.

你们说的我都了解,但事情并非那么简单。

A:I think that would be acceptable to everyone.

我认为换装运公司每一个人都能接受。

C:Maybe you re right, but don t you think it s too late?

或许是那样,但你不认为太迟了吗?

B:That s true, but there is a better way.

这是真的,不过还有更好的办法。

C:Really? What s that?

真的吗?那是什么好主意?

同类推荐
  • 世界500强企业都在用的国际英文合同大全集

    世界500强企业都在用的国际英文合同大全集

    《世界500强企业都在用的国际英文合同大全集》在介绍英语合同基础知识的基础上,分析英语合同的语言特点和常用词汇及句型,并为读者提供了各类合同实例并加以注释和翻译以方便大家学习。本书最后还提供了国际法规与惯例相关条款及合同术语中英文对照辅助资料,内容从易到难,循序渐进,让您一步一步掌握商务英语合同。
  • 欧美广播电视新闻英语

    欧美广播电视新闻英语

    当今世界交流频繁,语言是最重要的交流工具之一。能够听懂、看懂欧美国家的广播和电视节目,如BBC,VOA,CNN,NBC,ABC,CBS 等,是每一个从事英语工作及爱好者的愿望。但是,要达到这一目的,需要付出艰辛的努力。只有达到listening in,speaking out 这一境界,我们的英语水平才能不会因为时间的流逝而降低,而且会不断提高,真正走进英语国家的世界,了解英语国家的政治、经济、军事、外交、科技等各个方面。
  • 在哈佛听演讲

    在哈佛听演讲

    哈佛大学是美国最早的私立大学之一。迄今为止,哈佛大学的毕业生中共有8位曾当选为美国总统。哈佛大学的教授团中总共产生了34名诺贝尔奖得主。此外,还出了一大批知名的学术创始人、世界级的学术带头人、文学家、思想家。我国近代,也有许多科学家、作家和学者曾就读于哈佛大学。这个被莘莘学子所向往的教育殿堂也吸引·了众多有声望的名人前去演讲。对这些社会未来的栋梁之才一吐肺腑之言。本书精选了16篇各界名流在哈佛经典、励志的演讲,中英双语,让你体验双重震撼!
  • 临时应急会话宝典

    临时应急会话宝典

    本书主要是为英语口语学习者准备的,以句子的形式表达各种情况。句子中包括了实用的词汇及短语。对于有相同说法的词语或句子,书中也做了说明。本书以主题划分,分为十大主题,主题以下又划分为具体的状况,比如:逛街购物时如何讨价还价,挑选衣服;面试找工作时,应聘者如何自我介绍,面试者如何提问;身在外国时需要去药店、去医院等等,涉及日常生活、工作、出国等方方面面,读者可以很轻松地找到应急的那句话。同时还配备MP3,让你听到原汁原味的英音。
  • 从零开始学德语,“袋”着走

    从零开始学德语,“袋”着走

    《从零开始学德语,“袋”着走》恰恰满足了初学者的诉求。不仅封面大方美观,内容更是丰富多彩。从基础字母入门,到日常生活、青春校园、职场风云、特色文化等,几乎涵盖了所有你能想到的,以及你若是有机会去德国旅游、生活或是工作能够用到的各个方面。
热门推荐
  • 邂逅心灵

    邂逅心灵

    全书共分为七辑,包括:等一朵云飘 过来;一手赤心,一手老成;苍耳子一样纠结的青春;爱总能化腐朽为神奇 ;明天依然会有蜜蜂飞来;像甘蔗一样生活;站着的大米。《邂逅心灵》适 合散文爱好者阅读。
  • 仙纵

    仙纵

    万年前。天降仙人,为整个星球的生灵开启了修炼之路。万年后。一朝梦醒,张一人穿越而来,面临这个光怪陆离的世界,该何去何从?……
  • tfboys——你可否为我停留

    tfboys——你可否为我停留

    总之不是狗血书,点过来,看一下,目光来了,有奖励~~~~
  • 医门锦绣

    医门锦绣

    重生的叶家二小姐满腹才学,上天入地无所不能,却被当做妖怪,被家里人藏着,蹲在地上可怜兮兮地画圈圈,有没有人来解救她?炮灰一笑眯眯爬墙过来:我是你前世的欢喜冤家,跟我走!炮灰二抿着性感的薄唇:乖,到叔叔碗里来!炮灰三扬起一个如沐春风的笑容:昀儿,我不要荣华富贵,只想与你上穷碧落下黄泉!男主高贵冷艳地扫了一眼众炮灰,二话不说,淡定地把小娘子擒在怀里,等这小丫头开窍,黄花菜都凉了,三十六计,抢为上计!--情节虚构,请勿模仿
  • 英雄去超越

    英雄去超越

    英雄联盟全球最火热的游戏,看我们如何去超越自己吧!英雄,去超越吧
  • 妆点江山

    妆点江山

    父亲威逼,母亲出家,丈夫不爱,姐姐早亡,本以为太子登基她就拥有了全世界,没想到因一场皇位之争,太子被废,慕容家也受到牵连。但那又怎样,是我的我终究要夺回来,不是我的,我争取夺过来.……情节虚构,请勿模仿
  • 村情:西部农民生活实录

    村情:西部农民生活实录

    历史像一摊积水,印在地上。历史像一根箭,射向远方。作者从魏家大山上走下来,从这样的历史土壤上走过去,带着一身风尘,说着地道的土话,走进他的乡村,走进民间,不设防地扯谈,用眼睛看、用耳朵听,用手触摸、用心交流、用脑思考,用民间的语言记下一些事情和人们的生活。本书对西北地区的农民生活进行了调查研究,以通俗易懂的文字讲述了西部农民生活实录。
  • 为君解罗裳:妖女倾天下

    为君解罗裳:妖女倾天下

    这东南国,谁人不知,谁人不晓,这要嫁的王爷,是传说中的暴君,杀人不眨眼,嗜血成狂的一个魔君的?圣旨一下,要千家的女儿嫁给东南国国的这个平南王爷,千家一听,仿佛是立马炸开了锅一样的,你不愿意去,我不愿意去,自然,就是由这个痴儿傻儿嫁过去了?
  • 恐龙王诞生

    恐龙王诞生

    美国《轨迹》杂志向全世界科幻迷推荐杨鹏和他的作品! 杨鹏作品曾入选新闻出版总署向青少年推荐百部优秀图书本书是著名儿童文学作家及少年科幻作家、北京作协签约作家杨鹏先生的作品集之一——《恐龙王少年幻想系列》之《恐龙王诞生》。在岗瓦纳大陆上,热爱和平的巩古尔恐龙王国与侵略成性的马尔斯恐龙王国为争夺统治这块大陆的权力,展开了生死搏斗。在和平与暴力的较量中,小王子雷诞生了,小王子长大后战胜了马尔斯王国的侵略者,成长为巩古尔王国新的恐龙王。
  • 神级高手都市行

    神级高手都市行

    一个偶然间得到的一本修真秘籍,让他平凡的人生不在平凡,从此他的人生之中奇遇连连。下面就请一起看他如何成长,如何去完成他的使命吧……